Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July 2012

     Tonight, I looked up at the moon.  Hidden by black storm clouds, that could cause chaos for the earth dwellers at any moment.  It was a calm before the storm.  A storm that never seemed to come.  Tonight is the one night of the year the moon is forgotten.  Fireworks fill the sky in an explosive blaze of multicolored raindrops.  Not even the brightest, orange moon could compete with that.  Not that it's even making an attempt tonight, so bashfully hidden in shame of its hardly yellow hue.  Tonight, I relate with that sobering moon.  Hidden behind another set of headlights on the endless path of pavement, trapped behind my eyes.  Maybe it's just the the nap a few hours ago combined with "Getz" on the radio, but the night is somber.  Seems a little strange that these sort of nights are most inspiring.  Rambling on and on, about a mere moment that took place only in my mind seems to be the cure all for the time being.  I guess that's what this blog is for.  So if you enjoy it, thank you.  If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time with rambling.  I hope you find a more suitable blog for your reading tastes.
                                                                Thanks for reading.

1 comment: