Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Under a Half and Half Sort of Sky

    Since mid-October last year, I have been running about four days a week.  It has been a significant life style change.  It's a freedom, a release of tension, and has created an ever-peaking sensation in my life.  I thought it would be good to mention it now, early on in my blog history, sense I will probably be mention it randomly throughout my upcoming blogs.

     Today while on my run, I was listening to the song, "Sunshine Above Weather" by Remedy Drive.  While rounding the corner on this county highway, I turned into this brilliant sun halfway hidden by these deep blue rain clouds.  The wind rose up against me.  It was cool, and refreshing.  I closed my eyes, and what I have caught in glimpses before, I caught in full bloom in that moment.  It was worship, a transformed mind, a softened heart, and all that was flesh melted away.  I couldn't feel my calves that had previously been aching.  All that was good in the world was clearly visible in front of my eyes.  My spirit was filled with joy and I felt a slight burst of tongues roll quietly off my lips.  I am so thankful that God finds times like these to spend with His kids.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig your writing, I hope to see more. I love the way you described the scene you saw while running. very nice.

    ReplyDelete