Friday, March 2, 2012

Achieving the Day to Day

It's a sort of somber way to start off my new blog, but I was listening to the Smiths-Asleep, and felt the urge to get some thoughts out into cyber space...

I don't know if you have ever listened to the artist "Danger Doom" but his music really releases stress.  He has this simple sort of flow.  It's a combination of senseless rubbish and the possibility of complex chaos.  If you lower your minds comprehension is usually when your mind expands.  Ideas come in water proof bottles.  If your bottle has a leaky top, the idea will melt.  I guess the point is, it  comes in a sort of box, and revelation isn't always in some "cosmic" event.  It isn't always prompted by in depth research and elbow grease, but by opening up your mind and dumbing down your motor skills.

Obviously I'm not saying using your brain is bad.  I'm just saying some of your most profound revelations can come in the simplest forms.  Danger Doom may be out of reality, but fiction can give solutions to reality in the form of concepts, that might be able to survive in the day to day.

Every day I do the same thing.  I wake up at 6 o'clock and go to work, I print shirts for 8 hours, then I go to the gym and run.  Even though I do the same thing every day, different thoughts and ideas flow through my head even though they should be the same as the day before based on daily circumstances.  And even though I have different thoughts in my of my daily routine.  Its still basically the same sort of thing, but once in awhile you hear a song, or see something unusual that makes your reality transparent, and you wonder what is real, and what is actual reality.  It's an inspiration.  Even if its only two lines on a yellow sticky note, it's still a slice of sanity, in the chaos of the day to day.  It's something that just makes sense and you know is where you could be, or is where you are in a different reality.  It's ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment